The current social-environmental concerns promote a wider vision of the impacts generated by new enterprises, requiring differentiated attitudes from the individuals, public power and private organizations. While we observe developing countries providing improvement to the quality of life of its population, the environment suffers the consequences of a chaotic and poorly planned growth. This growth poses risks to the sustainability of social-environmental relations. To ensure that the current and future generations enjoy the benefits generated by the exploration of natural resources, Brazil Energy uses new technologies for the reduction of the use of natural inputs, promotes the engagement of the stakeholders and maintains safe and pleasant environment for the collaborators and suppliers, aiming at minimizing the impacts generated by its enterprises.
- Establish systematic process to ensure the quality of its product, promoting the engagement of stakeholders and building an identity, aimed at strengthening its business strategy and the consequent generation of shared value.
_mission, vision and values
By holding a Mission and a Vision that promotes the commitment of collaborators, and based on principles and practices in which it believes, Brazil Energy establishes Values with the purpose of creating an organizational culture that ensures commercial differentiation and success to meet the objectives.
- Mission: Develop, install and operate power generation projects (focusing on renewable energy), in Brazil and abroad, which provide our shareholders with higher long-term returns, by respecting all the stakeholders.
- Vision: Be acknowledged internationally as a world-class company in the energy industry, acting according to the best practices of corporate governance and sustainability.
- Ethics and Transparency: By meeting the legitimate interest of stakeholders, transferring information on the social and ethical impact of the organization activities and its decision-making processes;
- Meritocracy and Competence: By building competitive advantages due to the high quality of collaborators and consultants, together with resource optimization.
- Discipline and Method: By aligning production systems, actions and management with values, policies and procedures of the company;
- Knowledge and Innovation: By learning with the errors identified and promoting ongoing improvement of its management system and production activities;
- Valorization of our customers, partners, collaborators and environment: By promoting internal and external control to identify, evaluate and better manage the risks involved in the relations with its interested parties.
Today, companies are transforming agents that have significant influence on human resources, society and the environment. This raises the concept of corporate social responsibility, which until some time ago, was based on what the company offered to the affected community, by campaigns and donations. This concept currently encompasses environmental preservation, valorization of the worker as an integral part of the company and commitment to sustainability with stakeholders. The concept of Corporate Social Responsibility is being consolidated in a multidimensional and systemic form. Brazil Energy implements this concept by the interdependence among several stakeholders directly or indirectly connected to the company’s business. Brazil Energy belives that social responsibility is much more than a single concept, it is rather a personal and institutional value that reflects on the attitudes of people that comprise the company and its partners.
_sustainability in the supply chain
It is possible to observe that the questions regarding corporate sustainability challenge the criteria for evaluation of the traditional competitive advantages before the increasing shortage of resources, awareness of stakeholders, stricter environmental laws and visibility of the great environmental impacts caused by the most diversified supply chains. With the trend of companies focusing their efforts in the core business and transferring other activities to third parties, the value chain of the companies tends to assume extended configurations, primarily due to the increase of the number of companies in the supply chain. Thus, supply chain management inserted in the company’s value chain assumes higher importance. Based on this fact, Brazil Energy established a Supply Chain Sustainability Policy. We believe that the success of an organization depends not only on the work excellence in each individual department, but especially on the coordination and integration of the departments, thus implying in the importance of understanding, studying and optimizing the supply chain.
Today, people want to know how efficient is the technology, and not only how powerful it is. As people think about the things they discard, they increasingly want to know who the companies that produce these things are, and what is the process behind that product. It is not sufficient to generate renewable energy with the potential of replacing the current unsustainable methods, we are an integral part of the regional culture and must improve the ecosystem in which we operate. Brazil Energy is a new company, but with global potential, and thus it has the opportunity of building its organizational culture based on the foundations of corporate sustainability. When developing projects capable of generating renewable energy, the focus is on the search for options and alternatives of low impact. However, the company must pay attention to not be trapped in the concept that its activities will be sustainable by the simple fact that the product has environmental appeal. The financial bottom line should not prevail in this business, which should also contribute to global evolution. Brazil Energy adopts a firm and transparent posture of world leadership in terms of sustainability, not for the sake of appearance, but because practical sustainability is encoded in its DNA, which is a reality still too far from the large corporations.